At the Division of Electric Power and Energy Systems, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), wind power is researched from a system perspective. The research covers aspects of electric machines, power electronics, control, power generation, transmission and distribution, grid integration and electricity markets.
Some research topics include:
- Multi-terminal HVDC networks for connection of offshore wind farms.
- Voltage support from distributed inverter-based resources such as wind farms.
- Operation and stability of low-inertia power systems with high renewable penetration.
- Assessing generation adequacy in power systems with high share of renewables.
- Reserve and ancillary services provision from renewable generation.
- Market integration and dealing with uncertainty of wind and solar power.